We are one of the oldest and largest Teaching Schools in the region, training around 100 people every year, and working with over 50 local schools. Here are just some of the reasons why you should consider training with us:
- Our School Direct course provides you with a great combination of both academic teaching and practical experience in the classroom.
- You are placed in two schools - your main, host school, plus a contrasting school for a shorter placement.
- You get the benefit of being a student in a university, with access to their services - as well as being part of a real school, learning from other staff and getting hands-on experience in the classroom.
- We also run our own programme of Professional Learning courses, covering everything from lesson design and behaviour management, to time management and communication with parents.
- Our trainees have an excellent track record of getting jobs within one month of finishing our course.
- We provide support to help you get your first job.
- But we stay in touch after that too, supporting you throughout your career. We provide training for all stages of teaching - from subject specialism through to middle and senior leadership.