This national programme, delivered locally, gives good and outstanding teachers a set of high level skills and strategies to enable them to become consistently and sustainably outstanding.
It is suitable for those wishing to develop coaching skills.
What does the course involve?
The course provides teachers with:
- the ability to demonstrate higher level understanding of teaching and improve learning for their pupils,
- the ability to coach colleagues and pupils in their own school and in other schools to raise performance levels,
- the ability to create a proactive school culture where the quality of teaching and learning is openly observed, discussed, challenged and enhanced,
- increased professional satisfaction and create opportunities for further leadership and career progression.
OTP leads to further coaching qualifications and to Outstanding Facilitators Programme. OTP will help secure outstanding teaching and learning and therefore prepares participants for leadership of teaching and learning.
Commitment from the participating member of staff:
Attend Silverdale School for the appropriate sessions. Resources in school to plan lessons and school-based mentor to discuss ideas.
Middle and senior leaders, who are also practising and reflective teachers, with nationally recognised accreditation to deliver the programmes.
- w/c 20 May 2019.
- w/c 3 June 2019.
- In school practice - w/c 10 June 2019, w/c 17 June 2019.
- In school practice - w/c 24 June 2019, w/c 1 July 2019.
£575 (discount available for members of the Sheffield Teaching School Alliance).