The Sheffield Teaching School Alliance, in collaboration with Sheffield Hallam University, is pleased to offer School Direct places in Primary and Secondary Initial Teacher Training across the Peak District and Chesterfield.
Our training will provide trainees with:
- Post Graduate Qualification (PGCE) including 60 Masters’ Credits.
- Qualified Teacher Status (QTS) from Sheffield Hallam University.
Our School Direct training programme will take place in a collaborative and supportive network of schools where you will gain experience in two contrasting schools and a variety of educational settings and we offer:
- An opportunity to train in highly successful primary and secondary schools located in the beautiful Peak District National Park.
- A school-led PGCE in which you will spend the majority of your time in school and the classroom, working with outstanding colleagues and playing a full part in school life.
- An exceptional induction process which ensures our School Direct student teachers are fully prepared for the year ahead.
- A high quality professional learning programme led by Sheffield Hallam University.
- Fantastic mentors who are subject experts and will support you throughout your training year with us.
- A PGCE with 60 masters level credits and QTS which can help form a third of a master’s degree should you wish to continue with your accredited studies in the early part of your teaching career.
Applications for this programme must me made via UCAS.
Primary Partner Schools
- Bamford Primary School
- Chinley Primary School
- Eyam Primary School
- Grindleford Primary School
- Inkersall Primary School
- Litton Primary School
- Unstone Junior School
- Unstone St Mary's Infant School