A FREE course!
- A non-specialist teacher who has the potential to teach either French or Spanish?
- A teacher who wants to retrain as an MFL teacher?
- A teacher wishing to return to the profession to teach French or Spanish?
If so, you could get FREE training to specialise as an MFL teacher.
The Sheffield Teaching School Alliance is pleased to offer a programme for non-specialist teachers who have the potential to teach either Spanish or French, want to retrain as a MFL teacher or wish to return to the profession and teach Spanish or French. This high quality and high impact programme will be delivered by specialists.
Nine morning face-to-face workshops, which cover:
- Target language.
- Listening skills.
- Speaking skills.
- Reading skills.
- Writing skills.
- What next?
Held on a Wednesday morning, from 9am to 12 noon, at Silverdale School, Sheffield.
- 23 Jan 2019
- 6 Feb 2019.
- 27 Feb 2019.
- 13 March 2019.
- 24 April 2019.
- 22 May 2019.
- 12 June 2019.
- 26 June 2019.
- 3 July 2019.
The programme aims to develop teaching and learning in languages for the English secondary school context at key stages 3 and 4 (11-16):
- teacher and student language skills in French and/or Spanish
- teacher and student roles and working relationships in the classroom
- monitoring and assessment in French and/or Spanish.
The impact will be:
- developing teachers’ own language skills in French/and/or Spanish.
- increasing teacher understanding of, engagement with, and confidence dealing with, significant current issues in the languages teaching classroom, and ,
- enhancing student participation and raising attainment in French and Spanish.
Possible next progression step
Action research into an aspect of MFL teaching or the ITP or OTP.
MFL Specialists. All facilitators have extensive experience teaching languages
This course is FREE to all schools.
To book your place
Book now by contacting the Sheffield Teaching School Alliance.
Tel: 0114 235 7980.